Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The Zone

Finally, I believe I've discovered my aerobic zone in the pool. Or maybe it was my recovery zone. Either way, boy did swimming feel good this morning - more like yoga than postponed drowning. I just swam and swam - solid for at least 25 minutes. I stopped counting after 800 yards. So, yeah, I'm going to have to go further, and yeah, I'm going to have to go a lot faster, but, man, what a pleasure it was to just keep going. Everytime I reached the wall to push off for another lap (did I mention I haven't learned a flip turn yet), instead of feeling like I wanted to hang on for dear life, I was happy to put my feet to the wall and push. It was very Zen.

On a yucky note, I've decided to take off of running this week. Total bummer. But, its my Recovery Week (first one, feeling good!) and I'm still having some issues with my piriformis - at least I think that's whats bugging me. It hurt like a mother after yesterday's run. So, I take a week off, and see what happens. I also have two massages coming, gift certificates for Christmas - do my people rock, or what! Those should be helpful in the Battle Against the Cranky Piriformis (aka Butt Trouble). I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: