Thursday, December 28, 2006

Dissapointment

Another lesson taught by Lady Tri: as soon as you start feeling overly confident about something, the rug will be yanked out from under you.

After a great swim on Saturday (ladder workout: 25, 50, 100, 125, 150, 200, 100, 50), feeling in the zone, relaxed and happy in the water, I was excited to hit the pool last night. Visions of swimming 400yds without stopping (the distance of my first race in May) danced in my confident little brain. It wasn't happening. I swam 25yds to warm up and I knew that I was wiped. I managed to swim 100 and a 150, but all other efforts stopped at 25 or 50 yards. I felt weak. I felt out of breath. I felt like my form sucked ass. I felt discouraged and wussy and anything but athletic. I was only in the pool a little more than 30 min - 20 min shy of my planned workout. I felt like a quitter.

But, when the workout was done, Hubby and I went down the slide. That was fun. Fun is still important.

And this morning my run went pretty well - it may be my imagination, but I think my heart rate is coming down - It didn't shoot up as high on the hills, it was much easier to keep it in range on the flats and downhills. You win some, you lose some, you stay at the middle of the pack in some.

Now, I'm exhausted and ready for my scheduled day off of training tomorrow. Sleep. Ummmm, that sounds delicious.

No comments: